星期六, 5月 20, 2006

Morgan Territory

Date: 05/20/06
Park: Morgan Territory, Livermore, CA
Condition: Cloudy and not hot
Start time: About 3 PM
Length: More then 3 hours (4.7 miles)
Hiker: JC
Trail: http://www.bahiker.com/eastbayhikes/morgan.html
Pictures: http://jc-studios.smugmug.com/gallery/1477557
Views: Livermore Valley, Mt Diablo. There are plenty of birds singing, although I only seen a few birds but I heard plenty of different birds singing. I saw a hawk, red winged black bird and squarrel. From start till finish the crickets and the bird continue singing. There are crows calling and also some sounds like cat. I saw a few dogs and a couple esqustrians. The drive to the park is a good one, execellent views, vinyards, green hills, but needs to be real careful since it is a single lane road. I was disappointed early in the trail, finding only scattering white flowers. As I walk further and futher then there are more flowers and more varity. At one point I saw more then 50+ cows. They were on the trail. I have to walk between them to make sure I did not scare them. After a while, I lost the trail. Finally after walking between more cows, I found it again. The trail come to a gate, a cow on each side of the gate. Oh my, how could I get through without scaring them. I sneek behind the first cow and squeeze through the gate, making sure I did not let it escape to the other side. Then I slowly walk toward the other cow on the other side. Luckily it walked away. Almost towards the end, there is a long steep climb. My nose could not be turned off, my eyes are all swollen when I got home. But this trail is worth the misery.

沒有留言: