星期日, 4月 02, 2006

Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge

Date: 04/01/06
Park: Don Edwards Wildlife Refuge, Alviso, CA
Condition: Cloudy, Cold and Windy
Start time: About 2:30PM
Length: About 1 hours
Hikers: Maria and JC
Trail: Ad-hoc
Pictures: http://jc-studios.smugmug.com/gallery/1330737/1/62749657
Views: East Bay, the bay. Animals and birds include: Sea Gulls, Egret, Pelicans, Canadian Geese, squarrels and rabbits. The rabbits are hiding under the deck and under the building. We saw a pump pumping water out to the bay. The water was quite foamy. The water level is very high and it is almost as high as the wooden deck. We got lots of rain this year that is why the water is high. I wonder if we are getting high tide also. When we start the hike, I drop my camera cover into the water. Luckily the water is full of moss or water weed so the water tension is very high that the cover still floats. I can lean over and got it back. Phew! What a close call..... My camera cover and my hand contaminated the water though. Or they have contaminated me. I think if the water level is not high nor if there are moss growing. I will have to buy a new camera cover. Hahaha...

沒有留言: