星期六, 6月 17, 2006

Hayward Shoreline

Date: 06/17/06
Park: Hayward Shoreline, Bay Trail, Hayward, CA
Condition: Sunny and hot day but windy there
Start time: About 5:30 PM
Length: 2+ Hours
Biker: JC
Trail: Bay Trail from Hayward Shoreline Interpretive Center to Winton Ave
Trail Map: http://baytrail.abag.ca.gov/maps/East_Bay.pdf
Pictures: http://jc-studios.smugmug.com/gallery/1573583
Views: The Bay, East Bay Hills, San Mateo Bridge, Very faint San Francisco because there are a lot of haze. No clouds but very hazy. It was quite windy but not cold. The trail is quite cool since part of it is just next to the bay. Water is splashing on the trail. I decided to keep my camera in my backpack. Nice ride, not difficult at all. A part of the ride is next to a trash mount called Mt. Trashmore. Hahaha... cool name and very desciptive. I saw a few jack rabbits and squarrels. There are plenty of birds too, egret, sea gulls, stilks, ducks, sparrows. I cross a few bridges and there is a visitor center, there are lots of birds there. I finished biking at around 7:30 and decided to take pictures of the sunset around the visitor center. I ran out battery at around 8:30 or so. So the sun is not fully set. Too bad. Next time, I should have been there earlier and ride to Oyster Bay. I only got to Winton Ave this time, I did not find the trail to continue and after looking at the map, I found the way but decided to head back. This is a good trail for the summer.

沒有留言: